Virtual Congregation Musical Offering
The first ever Virtual Congregational Offertory on September 13th was simply beautiful. Thank you so much for your priceless offering.
The Invitation to You:
The time has come again to join in song as one voice! For the 10 am worship service on St. John’s Day, October 25, “Virtual Congregation Singing” of Brother James’ Air will be offered as musical Offertory. I look forward to even more enthusiastic participation from All of St. John’s.
- View the YouTube video. (distorted sound will be edited for the final compilation)
- Practice singing along with the video using headphones (words and music is included in the video)
- When ready, record your singing using the video recording application on your computer, or your smartphone while listening to the YouTube video (making sure your face is clearly visible on the recording)
- Once finished, upload your video onto Dropbox by 8 pm, Tuesday, October 20 using the link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/LZApdRG89rJd7wlOL40q
- Join the special 10 am worship service on Sunday, October 25, and experience the completed video of the Offertory.
Hymnal #517 “How lovely is thy dwelling-place”, tune of Brother James’ Air
Things to keep in mind:
- Use earphones
- Record in “landscape” view
- Select a “neutral” background (preferably in light color)
- Position yourself in the video so that your face(s) is/are featured predominantly
- Do your best to look directly into the camera
- Avoid “distorted” and “inaudible” sounds in your video recording by adjusting the recording level of your recording device
- Do your best to sing together with the singers & organ in the video
- Be sure to SMILE ☺
- Please observe the deadline as compiling all the videos will take much time.
- Try not to be too critical of yourself. You will be surprised with the beauty and power of collective voice.
Please reach out to me with any questions, or concerns. Thank you so much for your contribution.
Director of Music
Email: [email protected]