You can still join! Raising Faith-Filled Kids
Tuesdays at 7:30 pm on Zoom
Click here to join on Zoom. Parents are welcome to join at any point!
October 20 - p. 129-189
October 27 - p. 191-end
Join us for a book group in collaboration with St. John's Church, Lattingtown and St. Luke's, Sea Cliff.
Family life is a spiritual path.
Is your family calendar so jammed that there’s never enough time to “be spiritual”? Maybe you need to think about spirituality in a new way. Author, editor, and speaker Tom McGrath shows how the hectic and ordinary moments of family life offer endless opportunities to live more deeply. This book is full of stories and ideas for parents who care about their children’s souls.
McGrath suggests how we can foster a healthy spirituality in our children - while tending to our own spirits as well. He presents many useful lessons and practical strategies for passing on religious heritage, including:
• Introducing children to sacred time
• Examining the image of God we actively (or passively) present to our children
• Fostering empathy to build our children’s moral character
• Learning to pray creatively as a family
• Developing spiritual disciplines as parents
• Cultivating a spirit of forgiveness in the home