Outreach “Blue Bag Sunday” Collections Resume
1st Sunday of the month
Beginning Sunday, December 5
Thank you to the many parishioners who have faithfully supported our weekly food collections throughout the summer and fall. The responsiveness of the St. John’s congregation has been extraordinary.
We are resuming our traditional monthly “Blue Bag Sunday” collections on the first Sunday of each month beginning on December 5. Bags will be available at St. John’s throughout the preceding month - we will leave a stack in the Bleecker Hall vestibule. Or feel free to just use your own as most of you have been doing for the summer food drives. We will begin to re-direct what we collect to one of the local food pantries, which are now back in operation.
Please consider making a donation from the list below (click HERE for a handy shopping list to print and take with you to the store) and drop it off to the church for Blue Bag Sunday.
- FOOD (nonperishable): Rice, Beans, Canned Veggies, Canned Fruits, Evaporated Milk, Cereal, Peanut Butter, etc.
- BABY PRODUCTS: Diapers, Wipes, Formula
- PERSONAL HYGIENE PRODUCTS: Shampoo, Conditioner, Deodorant, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Body Wash, Bug Spray, Sunscreen, etc.
- FEMININE HYGIENE PRODUCTS: Tampons, Pads, etc.
- SANITATION PRODUCTS: Facial Covering/Masks, Gloves, Hand Soap, Hand Sanitizer, Disinfecting Wipes, Disinfectant Household Cleaners (such as Lysol, Bleach, etc.).
If you would like to volunteer (or learn more), please contact Laura Swiggett ([email protected]).