2020 Oyster Gardening Signup
Are you interested in becoming an oyster gardener in 2020? This crucial work is helping to raise awareness of water quality issues on Long Island and begins the work of cleaning our water.
The Oyster Bay Cold Spring Harbor Protection Committee is kicking off its next summer of oyster gardening.
- Virtual shellfish gardener training and cage-building - Saturday, June 13th
- Pick-up/Deploy shellfish at your location - Late June/Early July
- Laurel Hollow Village Beach
- West Harbor Beach, Bayville
- Private Dock (in waters open to shellfishing)
- Other locations pending approval
- The Waterfront Center (Oyster Bay)
- Eagle Dock (Cold Spring Harbor)
- Nurture (July-September)
- Clean cages & measure oysters every other week
- Transfer Shellfish (August)
- Shellabration - Oyster Roast (October)
Register to become on Oyster Gardener!
Total cost is $175 per cage. St. John's will be sponsoring 2 cages - but you and your family can sponsor more. If you don't want to participate in the cleaning and maintenance you can still sponsor a cage and others will maintain it! Email Mary Beth for more information: [email protected]. Let us know if you are already participating!